Sunday 30 August 2015

ATC Swap Time!



Morning All!

'Tis a bit dull and cool this Sunday morning but as it's the long bank holiday weekend what more can we expect, lol!  Great for me and my craftroom though ;-)!

I finally managed to get my ATCs done for this month's Tag and ATC Swap with some buddies.  The theme for this month is 'texture' which I love but for some reason I struggled for 2 days just to get going.  Never mind, I got there in the end so here they are.


This first one was cut from a piece of black card embossed in a folder.  I then stuck a torn piece of fine corrugated card to the right hand corner and blended some PaperArtsy Fresco Finish chalk paints in various greys over it and onto the black.  I followed that with a bit of stamping in Black Archival using a Chocolate Baroque stamp (Texture Fragments set).  I didn't use a block and like the way the ridges picked up the stamping and created more texture.  Next I added some Golden soft semi-gloss gel in the top left corner and added teensy glass beads to it.





When the gel was dry I rubbed on some Treasure Gold in pewter and a bit of a blue limited edition one and added the cut out words.



 
The second one was also cut from a piece of previously folder embossed card which had a stonework design on it.  I blended various colours of Fresco Finish starting with Concrete, then Stone and then more or less dry brushed Toffee and Brown Shed, blending and dabbing off with a wet wipe.  I then stamped the Chocolate Baroque image (Gothic Fragments) onto tissue, painted it with Fresco Finish, tore round the image and stuck it to the ATC.  I gave it all a coat of DecoArt Soft Touch Varnish and when it was dry I added some Prima Clear Crackle Paste through a stencil and when that was dry wiped over with Vintage Photo Distress Ink before adding the cut out words.




If you click on the pics you can see more detail.

I still haven't mastered the technique of stamping on tissue and adhering it to textured surfaces or any surface come to that!  Unless I fussy cut the image the tissue is always visible and I've tried a multitude of different tissue and adhesives/gels.  It's that long since I painted on tissue I've forgotten how to do that too so must revisit Leandra's fab video HERE.

Have a lovely weekend and a long one if you're here in the UK.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx




6 comments:

sam21ski said...

Well done, I knew you could do it, can't wait to get them xx

Helen said...

Great tags, Lesley! You can always see my tissue too, even if I blend it in with more paint (on top of and on the back of the tissue), obviously we need more lessons!

snazzyoriginal said...

Wow the texture is fab on those black and pewter ATCs. stunning x

Sally H said...

two wonderful ATCs Lesley! I love the faux pewter effect on the first - gorgeous!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous ATC's Lesley, I love the first, it looks like it has been cut from a piece of metal and then worked on. Super colours on the second.

Sue xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the monochrome with a hint of metallic shimmer - what a fantastic ATC. Love the Moroccan look one too - the minaret tower is beautiful.
Alison xx