Er, I allowed myself some more playtime yesterday before a couple of days I have coming up with our 3 yr old grandson Charlie ....... starting later today when his Daddy drops him off for two sleepovers. He's only been for 2 one nighters before accompanied by big Sister Izzy and never stayed anywhere else without Mummy but I think he'll be ok. He'll certainly get all my attention plus lots from Grandad so he should be fine.
Anyway, I have another entry for the current PaperArtsy Challenge theme of miniature. Do go and check out the fabulous inspiration that the PaperArtsy Guest Design Team have been showing us for the past couple of weeks! Strictly speaking my project is just small rather than 'miniature' but I hope it qualifies. I made a 2 inch square pot from Stampbord tiles (which I'm showing warts and all, lol)!
I used the black side of Cut n Dry to apply Buff Fresco Finish paint from JoFY's new limited edition to five 2 inch square Stampbord tiles. I followed this with some leafy stencilling using a mix of Nougat with a spot of Buff and then bumped the stencil and used the same two colours but with more Buff in the mix.
I then stamped part images from 3 different Hot Picks stamp sets using Black Archival ink (and the first wart is my inkpad needed a good re-inking so the blacker areas are not brilliantly stamped) and a quote from one of Lin Brown's word sets onto 4 of the tiles. Next I randomly stamped a PA mini script without a block into the blank spaces.
I then spent a relaxing hour or so painting the images using Prawn, Southern Skies & Lavendar lightened with Nougat and touches of Tinned Peas for the stems and then doing a bit of scratched highlighting.
I edged each tile with Treasure Gold (second wart alert, lol! I accidently caught the face of the 2nd tile with TG so it now has a smudge on it) before gluing them side by side to a 2 inch strip of PaperArtsy designer paper. I left a half inch extra at one end to form a tab when assembling the pot. I stuck 2 more tiles back to back and glued a square of the paper to the unpainted tile. Making sure this was on top I then applied glue all round the edges of these tiles, laid them with the paper side up onto my craft mat and folded the strip of tiles around the edges, overlapping the tab with the final tile.
To finish the pot off and also to help strengthen the corners I applied dries clear liquid glue and filled the gaps with mini beads.
Ok, off to link to the challenge and then to get myself prepared for our little visitor. See you in a few days time .......