Monday 2 August 2010

Yipee, My Photos are Back ........(er, I'd get a cuppa if I were you, Lol)

'Morning Everyone,

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and not had it blighted by the weather which I know has been a bit mixed.  I had a great weekend because on Saturday I went to another workshop at Graphicus with the wonderful Lynn making a fab Fabric Journal.  It was something quite different for me and I had a lovely day getting inky and painty.  It's a project that will be ongoing for quite sometime but the best thing about the day was I got to share it with my lovely Daughter, Jenna.  I introduced her to journalling a few months ago so thought this particular workshop would be a nice treat for her as she works very hard and doesn't get much leisure time.  She thoroughly enjoyed her day and little break from being a Mum and said the only thing wrong was that it went too fast but she was amazed at how relaxing the day was.  Another special bit of the day for me was being able to introduce Jenna to one of my very special Craft Stamping Quartet friends, Judith, who was also on the workshop with us along with 4 other lovely ladies.

Now, the best thing about this Monday morning is that I can once again post photos to my blog.  Actually, I never lost the ability to post them, it was just me being a blogging numpty who didn't notice a setting had changed.  So, I can now share pics of one of the cards I submitted with my DT application to Elusive Images. If you click on the button in my sidebar you will go straight to the EI DT blog.


I made a pocket on the inside of the card with a matching tag.  The techniques I used are some of my favourites - blending Distress Inks, overstamping onto Artylicious dp and making paper roses, again using Artylicious dp and spritzing them with gold mica spray.  I'll let you all into a secret now - the piece of torn dp on the tag was the result of a boob!  I was stamping onto the dp to make the triangle for the inner pocket and had almost finished it.  I then went and stamped the very last text image UPSIDE DOWN!!!! 


The stamps are all from the Elusive Images Paris themeplates except for one which is one of my favourite stamps to use on backgrounds and is a beautiful script stamp from Elusive Images Eccentric Edwardian themeplate.  I finished the card off with some lace from my stash, some gorgeous dark grey pearls for the centre of the roses and some Tim Holtz Ideology.




This next card is completely different from the one above and was made for my lovely friend Jo (another CSQ buddy) and her husband for their 25th Wedding Anniversary last week



This card has no stamping at all as I relied solely on Cuttlebug embossing folders, two sets of Nellie Snellen flower punches and an L-Em leaf spray punch.  Oh yes, and peeloffs for the sentiment and the number 25 on the little tag.


I also made a matching box.


 I used pearl card for the base and the box with pearl paper, embossed foiled paper and vellum to make the flowers and thin black card for the leaves.

Although these two cards are very different I thoroughly enjoyed making them both and was pleased with them when finished.  Hope you like them too.

Have a good Monday everyone and I'll hopefully get to do a WOYWW post again this week so speak to you then.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

16 comments:

G Peplow said...

Fabulous, love both :) xx

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous! Love the card you submitted for the DT! Gorgeous rich colors and the perfect embellies! The anniversary card is beautiful and love the trail of flowers.

Phree said...

Beautiful cards Lesley, your happy accident with the upside down stamp was a great way to recover the project. Love the anniversary card and co-ordinated box, it's very elegant

Lynne K said...

Very different, but gorgeous cards, Lesley. I like the EI one especially. The workshop at Graphicus sounds wonderful, I'm glad you and your daughter both enjoyed it. xx

Val said...

Lesley - such beautiful cards, and the anniversary card for Jo is so elegant. Just goes to show that not everything has to be stamped to look good.

Can't wait to see more of your EI stuff.

Love
Valxx

Unknown said...

Can't really add to the comments I made on the Guild about your gorgeous Paris card!

Love the one for Jo's silver wedding. Its amazing what we can do without going near a stamp isn't it?

Love

Jill
x

lisa said...

Glad you had a great workshop with your daughter Lesley. It's lovely to be able to escape to play for awhile isn't it.
Your cards are just stunning. I love the Paris one. I think these stamps will be finding their way onto my Christmas list. You've really inspired me with them.
The Silver Wedding card is beautiful too. I've just been making one for my SIL but it isn't a patch on this. I had some Wedding cards to make and felt so rushed, I just made another one the same with a different greeting. You've put me to shame now. Still I have made her a cake so hope that will make up for it!!
Hugs Lisax

Elaine said...

Beautiful cards Lesley. You know that Pariain themed card is right up my street. Jo's anniversary card is so striking, and the box makes it extra special. I love those flowers, I can see I am going to have to add those Nellie Snellen flower dies to my wish list.

Elaine xx

Janet said...

Lesley, firstly congrats on joining the DT team at Graphicus! It is no surprise really when you make such beautiful cards and gifts. Who said life begins at 40 -quite wrong. You have developed your skills and worked hard to become a crafter of the highest order. Well done, my friend.

Janet xx

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I am kookoo over the anniversary card. The metal flowers are so cool - I totally dig the paint on them. Plus, I'm a sucker for any of those metal borders that you can attach with brads!
Amy

ikki said...

Your cards are stunners,Lesley. Can see why you made the DT and I'm so pleased to be working with you. Hope you are having as much fun as me with all our new stamps. ikki x

Jules said...

Oh Wow Lesley - your photographs were well worth waiting for.

All completely different and each one beautiful in its own right.

I am so pleased that you had a good time with your daughter - it sounds like you are going to have to pull up another chair and make space for her in your craft haven .. .. how wonderful.

Take care.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

wow just love your style of stamping/crafting - beautiful work as always.

veronica said...

love both the cards Lesley, but especially the Paris one - colours are gorgeous! Taken me a bit to catch up on the blog, but you certainly deserve the DT spot - have fun!
xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

These projects are stunning Lesley.
I am delighted you are one of the DT for Elusive Images - you certainly deserve it with your amazing talent.
Hugs, Clare x

Jo said...

Fabulous Paris card, Lesley. I really like your stamping on printed paper as I just can't seem to get my head round that.
The anniversary card is still on my mantelpiece and much admired. Very classy indeed. You have such good taste.