Monday 15 March 2010

Recycling/Altering?

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend and all mums had a lovely day yesterday.


The weather was pretty nice here except for a very cold wind but I had an especially nice day on Saturday with my crafty friend Jo. I picked her up from the station and we paid Once Upon a Stamp a visit (only 10 minutes from me) where we browsed and chatted for a couple of hours and bought some lovely stash. We then called for a nice pub lunch before coming back here supposedly for some craft play for a couple of hours, but after Jo sat down in my lovely new (very sunny at the time) craftroom we spent all the time chatting, drinking fresh coffee and eating cake and didn't lift an inkpad! Never mind, I really enjoyed the catch up.


My crafty share with you today is something I made around Christmas. It was originally something that some of my Christmas tree decorations were stored in and I decided to 'alter' it. First of all I covered it with Adirondack Paint Dabber and then I stamped the scroll design all round the outside edges in Stazon. I then held 3 squares of Stampbord together with masking tape on the back, blended some inks and stamped my image from the Elusive Images Butterfly Daisy Collage plate. As it's a while ago, I'm not sure what I used to colour the image but I think it was Derwent Inktense Pencils. I then separated the Stampbord pieces and stuck them to the inside of my box .


I then stamped the daisy onto Claudine Helmuth Sticky Backed Canvas, stuck that to some metal sheet and cut them out. I painted them and added a little bit of Precious Metal Paint to give a bit of shimmer and then shaped the petals a little using an embossing tool on the back. I have no idea where the lovely little chipboard bird came from but I inked it then overstamped and finally triple embossed it and added a gem for it's eye. If I remember correctly, I used Glimmer Mist sprays to colour the lace and stuck this around the edges followed by some German Scrap and finally positioned the bird and the last two daisies.

This was something a bit different for me, although I still couldn't resist using my favourite butterflies, but I really enjoyed doing it and was pleased with how it turned out.


Well I hope the sun shines on everyone this week and that it turns out to be a good one for you. Thanks for stopping by and as always, I love to read and really appreciate any comments you have time to leave.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

NB. Everything I used on this project except the little bird and the lace and of course, the box itself, came from Graphicus.

16 comments:

Suzi B said...

TFS Lesley, this is lovely Butterfly daisy themeplate is one of my favs.
Sue B x

Lynne K said...

This is superb, Lesley. I love the stampbord pieces (and of course those gorgeous butterflies!). x

Aquarius said...

What a lovely idea and I love the subtle colour scheme. Well done for recycling the box too it was obviously far too useful to throw away.

Janet said...

Love the colours and lace. Very clever how you stamped the stampboard. Can you tell me please, where do we keep all the pieces after we have altered them?!

Janet xx

veronica said...

lovely idea Lesley, and I love your colour scheme! Agree with Janet though - what have you done with it - apart from display it in your new craftroom that is

Sally H said...

That is just so beautiful, Lesley! I lvoe it! I have a very similar little box upstairs waiting for such a project. Might have to borrow that idea from you x

chris said...

Hello Lesley
what a fabulous idea, love it.
hugs chrisxx

Beryl said...

This is gorgeous. I could just imagine it sitting on my dressing table (if I had one).Love the colours you have used too.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

Lesley this is gorgeous!
Hugs, Christina

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's stunning! I love the gorgeous lace and pretty butterflies!
Hugs
Nicola

Hels Sheridan said...

Simply stunning...this is a beauty! Hugs x Oh, and thanks for your lovely comment on me blog...made me smile :O))

Suzanne C said...

Lovely. It is a beautiful wall hanging with a shadow box feel to it. Love all the details and decoration you put into this.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful object to give as a gift or to keep for yourself....you have a wonderful talent with putting all the elements together.

Jules said...

Hi Lesley

This is gorgeous - you should be pleased with it!

Sounds like you had a lovely time with Jo (even if you didn't get to ink anything!! LOL!!!).

Have a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh just love this Lesley, I love shadow boxes and yours is beautiful. Kim

Unknown said...

Recycling? Altering? Who cares ... it's art dahling .... and beautiful art at that!

I can't see an email address anywhere ... email me from my blog ... I have something you want :0)