Sunday 10 June 2018

I'm a little bit dotty about Poppie!

Hi everyone,

Last Sunday saw me at Doncaster Dome for the Stampmagic Craft Show, my favourite not least because it's just up the road, lol.  A few nice goodies might have found their way home with me 😉 and hopefully you will gradually see more of them over the coming weeks but tonight I have a cute little tag to share using a fun character designed by the lovely Darcy for PaperArtsy.

Darcy was demoing for Stampers Grove and  they had special permission to sell Darcy's new stamps a week before their official release but we were sworn to secrecy, lol.  Well, tonight the stamps were released over on the PaperArtsy blog so I'm free to share this little creation.  I bought Darcy's two new sets EDY22 and EDY23.  Poppie is on EDY23 together with the heart circles.  The arrow and words come from EDY 22.  Both these sets have loads of individual words from which it is easy to create your own phrases.....soooo useful and I love that simple, easy to read font to.


The tag was already lying around on my desk from a previous play session and if I remember rightly I used Distress Oxides picked up from my craft mat and through a stencil.  I stamped Poppie using a nifty little trick Lauren apparently demoed at Ally Pally in April (unfortunately I didn't get to see it irl).  I used my stamping platform to stamp the original image, made sure I kept the stamp and the tag in place while I painted the image with Fresco Finish Acrylics and when it was dry I restamped.  Brilliant!  Absolutely no problem now painting images with acrylics, especially the opaque ones.  All the lovely details are back nice and sharp!


I stamped the rest of the images and painted them.  I didn't bother with the stamping platform again as I was using transluscents this time.  I stamped the words I wanted onto separate card cut them out and positioned them on the tag then backed it with co-ordinating card.  Finally I used Glossy Accents on her bow and heart and added some fibre.

There are several more fun characters on the new sets as well as other fun and useful imagery.  There's a fab cat with attitude on EDY22 so do pop over to the PaperArtsy Blog and see the rest of Darcy's stamp sets which are now available at all PaperArtsy stockists.   

Hugs
Lesley  Xx


4 comments:

Helen said...

I love this tag, and Darcy's new stamps!

Aquarius said...

Love the tag you've made with this great character. Must pop over to Paper Artsy to see the others - the cat sounds fun.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A great fun tag Lesley, how great you got to play with these stamps before their release too.

Sue xx

Catherine Sydney said...

It really feels good to find an idea blog post such as this, nice articles.