It's a late post from me tonight....I fell asleep after tea and slept for far too long so will probably be in my craftroom till the early hours of tomorrow again, oops!
The mistress of all things layered and vintagey, the very talented Lynne Moncrieff, shared a wonderful creation HERE on the PaperArtsy Blog a few nights ago. I am not very good at multiple layering especially in a seemingly random fashion. I have this compulsion to make everything neat and it drives me bonkers, lol! However, Lynne's beautiful project made me want to at least try something with a nod to her lovely style although she didn't actually do any burning for her piece. As usual, I still need Christmas cards so that's what I created.
The guest bloggers are into the second week of inspiration for the current theme of 'torn, ripped and burnt' and this time my card has all three.
I found a piece of fabric to tear, along with a piece of mesh ribbon to co-ordinate with the beautiful designer papers that have been forgotten and unloved in my stash for years. Both the musical background (We Wish You a Merry Christmas) and the stamped piece are originally from the same pad (can't remember who's) and they have beautiful embossing on with fine rainbow glitter.... absolutely stunning!
I used a Prima distressing tool on the edges of the main background piece and then inked them. I also stamped some small stars from a PaperArtsy Lin Brown stamp set using a Memories white pigment ink and then embossed with clear ep. It's really translucent though so I doubt you can see it on the pics. I stuck this piece to the card blank with double sided tape. I also stamped my favourite PaperArtsy bells using an Archival Ink onto the piece of co-ordinating designer paper.
Next I had great fun holding the layers to a candle flame, very carefully, to get all the burnt edges. I did have to be extremely careful actually because both the fabric and the mesh ribbon proved to be highly flammable but the effect is great. I added all the layers to the card using a hot glue gun. I am useless with this contraption and waste more glue than I use, lol!
I inked a piece of Scrapiniec chipboard with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide and removed some of it by spritzing with water. I love the effect this had and I used the glue gun again to add this piece and the little stars to the card. The final touch was to stamp the sentiment in the bottom right corner.
Righty Ho! I'm off to do the link up thing. Do drop by the PaperArtsy blog if you get chance for as usual, they are sharing some awesome projects for this topic. Sleep tight everyone!