Monday 25 September 2017

And......another entry for the fab PaperArtsy blog challenge.

Good morning all,

Well, I didn't do another blog post over the weekend as promised mainly because I was having another play in the craftroom after finishing chores and as well as a tag just for fun I made another entry to the current PaperArtsy, Stamps and Stencils and Country View Challenges


A couple of weeks ago I mixed some texture paste with Infusions and Brusho powders and of course, made loads more than I needed.  I couldn't waste it so ended up with two tags and a piece of card as well as my original piece for a card which I forgot to photograph before I sent it, Doh! This is made from the piece of card which I also forgot to take a pic of in it's original state.  I sprayed a couple of Lindy's mica colour sprays to cover the card and then stamped the PaperArtsy image with Versamark Ink and embossed with Ranger Queen's Gold embossing powder.   Originally the image was lost against the background but as the sprays are water based I bleached out most of the colour from the face and then touched in the empty spaces with Sakura Stardust pens (been in my stash like forever!).  
 

I also removed a little colour from around the image to make it pop a little more and then used the same Tim Holtz stencil as the textured area to remove bits of colour here and there.  Next I used Cut n Dry foam to add Versamark ink and embossing powder around the edges.
 

Finally I replaced the stencil over the texture paste and added some Treasure Gold guilding paste before sticking the piece to a base card.  If I find a suitable word sticker or something I may add it to finish it off completely.

It's a horrible very dull rainy morning here, the complete opposite of yesterday, so the photos aren't the best and are not picking up the subtle sparkle from the lovely mica sprays 😞.


 

This is the tag I created very quickly and just for fun late last night.  I used one of the tags with left over texture paste on and blended Distress Oxides in two suitable colours before adding stamping which is all done with PaperArtsy Minis.
 

I used a sparkle brush pen on the eye and the textured flourish to finish it off,  Oops, just realised I didn't ink the edges to 'frame' it.  Must rectify that before it will look finished to me, lol!

Righty Ho,  off to do the link ups and maybe I'll manage another 'metallic' entry before weekend.  So looking forward to a Tracey Easson class on Sunday.  It will be my first workshop at Art Workshops and I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks for dropping by and see you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

12 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Love these Lesley. Resourceful too. Great idea to remove some of the colour around the edges of the image. Stands out really well. Good on yer....carry on creating! Looking forward to more. Xx

Unknown said...

Really love the tag Lesley - had to search to find the face in the card, but found it! Great use of leftovers, must try adding brusho to my texture paste -'if my memory works, that is...

Helen said...

the card is gorgeous, but I really love the tag, fantastic colours!

rachel said...

gorgeous use of the embossing powder - beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel x

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!

Jackie PN said...

So pretty- love that stencil you used!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - that teal/turquoise is a gorgeous colour and works so well with the kraft - fab textures too. Love the tag too - such pretty colours and very cool stamping.
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

Both makes are so different in styles... I find myself liking the first one for its distressed look and the second for its clean colour! And both are gorgeous...

Corrie Herriman said...

Both are great !
Corrie x

Henry said...

Love all your amazing projects!!! Especially the tag. Love the stamps and the beautiful colors.
Henry

rachel said...

Just popping back to say thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils too! Hugs rachel x

Cec said...

Fun projects. Love the embossing and the flourish stencil used with different techniques on each project. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
Hugs!
Cec