Friday 31 March 2017

Blimey! How Long?????

Hello there die hards!

I can't believe it's a month since I last made something but I decided my craftroom was in dire need of a serious sort out after I got some new storage to go on top of my long worktop that was piled high with stuff.  I now have a fairly clear floor and almost everything where it should be plus a mountain of stuff to hold a carboot sale with...... all that stuff I bought years ago and have now outgrown or got far too much of like beautiful designer papers.... sound familiar anyone?  I still have one cupboard to do and all my cross stitch stuff (lots) to out but I'm really pleased with myself and feeling quite smug, lol!  Of course, I'm off to Ally Pally next weekend so no doubt I shall fill the bit of space I managed to create 😃😃😃.  I'm so looking forward to seeing three very dear crafting friends I haven't seen for far too long as well as other newer friends.  I will no doubt be stalking Leandra and co on the fab PaperArtsy stand for a good portion of the weekend, lol!

Anyway, I finally made time for a little play for the current PaperArtsy Blog Challenge which has a gorgeous colour theme of blue and ochre.  Lots of beautiful inspiration from Darcy's fab introductory post here and subsequent posts from guest bloggers.  Chris kicked the theme off on Monday with this wonderful project which got me itching to create from the get go. 

Whilst having my sort out I came across some lovely backgrounds I made years ago, so long ago infact that I haven't much idea of what I used but I'm fairly sure Glimmer Mist sprays and Distress Stains (including gold) figure in there.


These together with Chris's project gave me the kick start I needed.


First I did some stencilling with Fresco Finish paints followed by stamping the images I wanted with Versamark and embossing with Ranger Queen's Gold powder onto the blue background. I also embossed round the edge and then stuck this to my card base.


Next I stamped and embossed the images again on to the ochre backgrounds, cut out the pieces I wanted to layer up and stuck them to the background.

 

 Finally I stamped the words onto an ochre scrap with black Archival and embossed with clear ep before cutting them out and adding them to the card.

It was lovely to make something again and especially in these lovely rich colours.  Very satisfying to use up stuff from many years ago too.  BTW I used JOFY stamps from various sets to create this card.  Off to do my link up now so have a lovely day everyone and I hope it's not another month before my next post, lol!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx














14 comments:

Lin said...

Wowblesley those scraps definitely turned into something beautiful x good to see you crafting again and can't wait to see you next week xx

Aquarius said...

Those colours really sing and it's a great design too. Enjoy Ally Pally and the opportunity to restock!!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, a fantastic make with your finds Lesley. I love the gorgeous blue background too. Have a great time a Ally Pally, I shall be there myself on Saturday.

Sue xx

Helen said...

I love that rich blue, and the flowers are fantastic! so glad you got your room (nearly) sorted so you can play again! see you in 2 weeks - can't wait!

Julie Lee said...

What a beautiful creation, Lesley! It might have been a month, but you certainly haven't lost your knack for creating really eye-catching compositions! Love this one! I hope that you have a great time at Ally Pally. Sadly, I can't make it this time. Hope that folks post lots of pictures! xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Lesley, this is outstanding...as Julie Ann says, you haven't lost the knack. I adore the background and your composition is fabulous. More please, and I hope that we don't have to wait a month! Xx 😊

Etsuko said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lesley!! Very rich blue the background and fabulous Jofy's flower images---and beautiful the composition. I love this!! Enjoy at the AllyPally. xx

Colleen said...

Lesley,
This is beautiful

Artmadnana said...

Second attempt to leave a comment Lesley! iPad playing up. Just had to return to say how much I love this. You've used the most wonderful shades of blue to create such a vivid background. I love the stencilling on top. How great was that to find those earlier tags and just the right colours!?! I must admit I'm looking at anything that resembles 'ochre' and nabbing it to use in a project. Love this colour combo. Love those flowers. Thankyou so much for my mention. xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous !

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lesley you have created something of beauty. I love the impact the gold has against the opulent blue background. Those backgrounds were worth saving for a year!! Hugs Tracey xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is really amazing! This is exactly how I work with the inky papers. <3 Hugs, Autumn

Words and Pictures said...

Great to see you back (though I'm aware I'm over a fortnight late in catching this!). Sounds like you've been doing great work in the craft room with all that sorting. I hope you've filled it all up again with the goodies on offer at Ally Pally. Just as well I was in the wrong country for it, I don't think I would have any money left!

Fabulous blue and ochre - what a lucky find those golden backgrounds were, and they look just stunning with the gilded stamping over them... a really glorious card. Hope you're enjoying a lovely Easter weekend.
Alison x

Paula Whittaker said...

Nice to see you crafting again - fab looking creation.