I can't believe it's a month since I last made something but I decided my craftroom was in dire need of a serious sort out after I got some new storage to go on top of my long worktop that was piled high with stuff. I now have a fairly clear floor and almost everything where it should be plus a mountain of stuff to hold a carboot sale with...... all that stuff I bought years ago and have now outgrown or got far too much of like beautiful designer papers.... sound familiar anyone? I still have one cupboard to do and all my cross stitch stuff (lots) to out but I'm really pleased with myself and feeling quite smug, lol! Of course, I'm off to Ally Pally next weekend so no doubt I shall fill the bit of space I managed to create 😃😃😃. I'm so looking forward to seeing three very dear crafting friends I haven't seen for far too long as well as other newer friends. I will no doubt be stalking Leandra and co on the fab PaperArtsy stand for a good portion of the weekend, lol!
Anyway, I finally made time for a little play for the current PaperArtsy Blog Challenge which has a gorgeous colour theme of blue and ochre. Lots of beautiful inspiration from Darcy's fab introductory post here and subsequent posts from guest bloggers. Chris kicked the theme off on Monday with this wonderful project which got me itching to create from the get go.
Whilst having my sort out I came across some lovely backgrounds I made years ago, so long ago infact that I haven't much idea of what I used but I'm fairly sure Glimmer Mist sprays and Distress Stains (including gold) figure in there.
These together with Chris's project gave me the kick start I needed.
First I did some stencilling with Fresco Finish paints followed by stamping the images I wanted with Versamark and embossing with Ranger Queen's Gold powder onto the blue background. I also embossed round the edge and then stuck this to my card base.
Next I stamped and embossed the images again on to the ochre backgrounds, cut out the pieces I wanted to layer up and stuck them to the background.
Finally I stamped the words onto an ochre scrap with black Archival and embossed with clear ep before cutting them out and adding them to the card.
It was lovely to make something again and especially in these lovely rich colours. Very satisfying to use up stuff from many years ago too. BTW I used JOFY stamps from various sets to create this card. Off to do my link up now so have a lovely day everyone and I hope it's not another month before my next post, lol!