Thursday 26 January 2017

I love a bit of nature in my crafting!

Hello again,

I said I'd be back soon and here I am with another birthday card........my year starts of really busy with birthdays, lol!


This card started off with a piece of scrap watercolour paper that had some PaperArtsy Infusions pressed onto it from a stencil.  I stamped the splatters (from a Lin Brown set for PaperArtsy) with Archival Ink and then inked around the edges.  

I stamped the fern inchies (from a PaperArtsy Hot Pick set) onto a scrap of Kraftcard using Versamark ink, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I trimmed the image and layered it onto a piece of blue pearlescent card then attached it to the main piece.


I stamped the Lin Brown leafy stem onto the blue pearlescent card with Black Archival Ink, heat set it to ensure it was dry then cut it out before adhering to the main piece.  Finally I stamped the Lin Brown quote before layering onto Kraftcard then attached the whole thing to a cream card base.

I'm off to Harrogate for the day tomorrow for a girly lunch and a cuddle date with my newest grandson Seth.  Here he is with big sister Izzy, totally mesmerised by the disco ball at our Son's wedding.


Thanks for dropping by.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

5 comments:

Helen said...

what a beautiful card, Lesley- you are a fabulous card maker! Love the pic of Izzy and Seth, too. Have a great day in Harrogate, and see you tomorrow. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Lesley, I love the colour you've used and also the look of texture that the watercolour card has given. A gorgeous photo of your grand children too.

Sue xx

Hazel Agnew said...

What a beautiful card Lesley. Love the colour combo. Great balance to it too! Lovely picture of the littlies! Xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

a beautiful card , love the tones... lovely picture at the bottom too xx

Ruth said...

This is a real favourite of all the cards you've made recently...just works beautifully, the colours, the layering. Beautiful Lesley! Hugs Ruth xx