Wednesday 24 August 2016

Countdown to Christmas? for Chocolate Baroque

Morning everyone,

As I'm typing this post ready to schedule, it's early on what looks like it's going to be a nice day.  I'd best make the most of it because apparently we are due to start a mega temperature climb in a couple of days and as regular visitors will know .........I DON'T DO ABOVE 75c WITHOUT MOANING FOR ENGLAND!  Lol!  By the time you read this though we'll probably be back to cool ;-).

Well, August has gone by in a blur and today sees the last of my three projects for the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog this time round and I've decided to go with a piece of Christmas home decor.  I love decorating hearts and if we can't have a few hearts at Christmas when can we have them.  For this heart all the stamps used came from the Chocolate Baroque Steampunk Christmas set.  There are some really beautiful designs on here.


1.  First of all I gave an 18cm x 14cm MDF heart a couple of coats of Gesso followed by a coat of Snowflake Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint then blended a little Chalk Fresco Finish over the top with a wet wipe just so it wasn't quite so stark.  


2.  I made sure it was completely dry (Fresco Finish dries very quickly but I gave it a quick blast with the heat tool) and then gave it a light dusting with an anti static bag before using the snowflake tree (minus the trunk), Versamark ink and silver embossing powder to create a background over both sides of the heart.  I did it in sections so I could see where I'd stamped as I didn't want to overlap or have big gaps.  I then used a piece of Cut n Dry foam to roughly edge all round the heart (again both sides) with Versamark and silver ep.


3.  I gave a small MDF tag the Gesso and Fresco Finish treatment then stamped Joy with Versamark embossed with gold ep and finally edged with silver ep before gluing it to the heart making sure the holes lined up.


4.  I then stamped out several of the large and small poinsettia onto card using Versamark and embossed with Queens Gold powder (my favourite gold ep) and cut them all out, shaped and layered them, finally adding sparkly centres from my stash.  I arranged them and glued them to the heart.


The above pic shows the dimension created.


5.  The final touch was the soft crinkly ribbon for hanging the heart.

This heart was done with quite simple techniques and really just required a little care and patience.  I'm really pleased with the result and now have to decide do I keep it or give it away, lol!  Something like this is often nice to give to close family or a special friend in lieu of a card.

Well, that's it for today folks.  I do hope you will stop by the Chocolate Baroque Blog if you haven't come from there as the DT always have something special showing off the fabulous CB stamps.  See you next year on the Chocolate Baroque Blog, lol!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

9 comments:

Helen said...

Am sat here at 7.25 a.m and it's already hotter than you (or I) want, lol! Your heart however is stunning, I love it!!

Elaine said...

What a lovely project Lesley. I love the combination of silver and gold. The use of the stamp you have used for the background is smashing. So lovely to see your work showcasing CB again! Elaine xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is stunning Lesley, I love the contrast between the gold and silver embossing powders. Great idea to use the top of the tree for the background too.

Sue xx

Margaret Iddon said...

How beautiful Lesley. Your work is always immaculate.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful love the silver and gold embossing
Carol x

sam21ski said...

Great to see it in lovely detail xx

Words and Pictures said...

So elegant and pretty - I love the silvery shimmer, especially the tag edging - a great effect.
Alison x

Unknown said...

This is another stunner Lesley, fantastic result!
I'm another who doesn't do heat any more, as long as the fans keep going I'm ok..... if they give up I'll be joining you moaning!
Hope you are feeling lots better by now, take care
xxxx

Jan said...

This is so beautiful , what a lucky recipient of this one . Hearts , joy , nothing could be better . Joy now--- Janice .