I hope if you're from the UK you haven't been blown hither and thither or even worse, flooded by the storms battering us this week. OH and I did manage to get out yesterday to a lovely Christmas Market at Chatsworth in Derbyshire (only about 40 mins from us) and although we got a bit damp it wasn't cold and was well worth going to. Lots of lovely products to browse (or buy ;D), gorgeous food to sample and if I get chance next week I just might go again, lol! I'd definitely recommend it if you're in the area.
Anyway, my post for today is to show you my makes for a matchbox swap I'm taking part in this month. It's supposed to be 'mini' creations but I don't do mini very well plus the only empty matchboxes I have are some 'Cooks Matches' ones which I've been saving over the past few years and they are 4.75" x 2.75" x 1" so not exactly mini but they are within the allowed limits.
I began by making a wrap for the box cover using Kraft card. I stamped the two baubles some discontinued *Chocolate Baroque sets using Versamark ink and embossed with Wow white embossing powder. I added colour with Sakura Gellyroll pens which has given them a lovely enamelled effect. When they were dry I masked them with post-it note circles and sponged white Versamagic ink through a circles stencil.
For the base of the boxes I used Kraft coloured wrapping paper to cover them as I needed something thin but fairly strong. The base was already a snug fit into the cover so I couldn't use anything thicker and if I'd used paints that would have caused a problem too. I stamped another CB bauble using a multi metalic inkpad I've had for years and embossed with clear ep. I did use Kraft card for the inside bottom of the box.
For the contents I decided to create a couple of Christmas decorations. The little angel was a supermarket buy last year and only cost me 25p! It was a horrible brassy bright gold colour with heavily glittered wings so I gave it a coat of Stone Fresco Finish paint followed by another one in Nougat. When the paint was dry I added lots of Treasure Gold highlights.
For the hanging snowflake I used a Tim Holtz snowflake strip die and then created the medallion for the top with the CB bauble stamped onto Shrink plastic and lightly coloured with Derwent pencils before heating to shrink. I must say I love the way the bauble turned out once shrunk.
Here they are nestled on a comfy bed of torn tissue paper.
And now I'm just waiting for the name of my recipients (we are swapping two each) before these go winging on their way in time for Christmas. I can't wait to receive my swaps .....so exciting :-)!
Stay safe everyone, wherever you are!
Lots of love and hugs to you all!
* I checked Chocolate Baroques webshop and there is a clear set of stamps which has a lovely selection of the bauble stamps I used. They are only in one size though, not 3 different sizes as my old sets are.