Hope you're all well and if anyone is visiting from overseas I hope you are safe from the horrendous weather some of you are experiencing.
It's getting a bit late tonight but I wanted to blog my Tag and ATC swaps for this month now as I'm off to the StampMagic Show at Doncaster Dome tomorrow. I think this show and the Happy Stampers one at Port Sunlight (which I went to 2 weeks ago) are my favourites. Both have pretty good exhibitors, especially now PaperArtsy exhibit at both, for stamping and mixed media fans and tomorrows has the advantage of being pretty local to me so I don't need an overnight stay anywhere..........which means more stash spending money available ;-).
Anyway on to my swaps for which the theme this month is Pink (it's breast cancer awareness month).
I've sort of got into the habit of trying to use bit and bobs left over from other projects for my swaps and the two ATCs were cut from a piece of handmade paper I created HERE. I then brayered PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint Professor Plum from their latest limited edition onto a Chocolate Baroque background stamp. At last I remembered to try brayering the paint onto a stamp and as you can see I got a fantastic result! I stamped the words onto a tiny offcut of the paper, cut into banner shapes and stuck them to the ATCs. The hearts were die cut from pink mirri card.
I painted the tags with Fresco Finish using a couple of their pink shades but I forgot to make a note of which ones, lol! I then brayered more FF onto a Wendy Vecchi lacy background stamp and again, you can see it worked beautifully with this fine detailed stamp. I found the chipboard frame in a box of old bits and bobs, painted it to match my colours and then stuck a Crafty Individuals image from one of their books. Final touch was stamping the word 'inspire' at the bottom and adding fibres to the top.
My second tag was given the same background but then I stencilled FF through a TCW stencil, first with a dark colour and then bumped the stencil and used a pale pink. Once the paint was dry I replaced the stencil and stamped the script. The chipboard border was another bit box find and I painted it and the wooden butterfly with pale pink FF, then their crackle glaze and finally the dark pinky purple. The finishing touches were the tiny gems on the butterfly and some fibres.
Although pink is definitely not my colour of choice I was quite happy with these when they were finished. My monitor shows them more purple than they really are but at least they aren't 'Barbie' pink, lol!
I hope you all have a good Sunday and I'll be back midweek with a card to share.