Saturday 4 April 2015

Variations on a theme!

Happy Easter Saturday to you all!

Hi everyone, it's been a bit of a tiring week this week having spent all one night in A&E with my Mum following yet another fall.  I feel so sorry for the staff at her nursing home because they do their best to make sure she's safe but short of strapping to her bed (or chair) they just cannot stop her from trying to  move about unaided and twice this week she has got out of bed after they had tucked her in for the night and then been found on the floor at their next check on her an hour later.  She's not broken anything this time but she's so badly bruised her hip her mobility has gone again.  We can only hope they can get her back to how she was a few weeks ago.

At least I have a couple of cards to blog that I made for friends birthdays last week!

This  first one uses my favourite script stamp in the background overstamped with a gorgeous bluebell, both stamps from PaperArtsy Hotpicks sets and the sentiment is a Lin Brown one from a set of her Eclectica stamps for PaperArtsy.  I also used some of the new Fresco Finish paints to colour and when dry I painted over the image with PaperArtsy Metallic Glaze which I think you can see on the second photo if you click on it.



This second card uses the Stampin Up Lotus Blossom overstamped on the PaperArtsy script using Versamagic inks and a Chocolate Baroque sentiment.



Once again, these are my variations of a card I found on Pinterest which gave me inspiration but I can't seem to get a link to post here without joining some sort of group so my apologies to whoever designed the original.  Such a lovely elegant design I think.

I have a few birthdays coming up in the month of April too but most of them are for males so I will have to find a different style of inspiration, lol!

I hope you all have a lovely long holiday weekend and I'm hoping for a bit of craftroom R&R in between hospital visits.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

17 comments:

Nikki Acton said...

Beautiful cards! Nikki x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Lesley, I especially love the lotus blossom one (I have this stamp too) it looks great over the script stamp.

Hope your Mum is soon on the mend.
Happy Easter.

Sue xx

Helen said...

Both cards are just gorgeous Lesley. Hope your mum gets better soon

Ruth said...

Exquisite, elegant cards Lesley, and I hope things improve over the weekend. Hugs Ruth x

snazzyoriginal said...

Simply stunning cards Lesley, so fresh x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous cards, Lesley! I love them both. Think I will have to look out for that bluebell stamp. Hope you have no more calls to go to A&E for a while. Big hugs xxx

Margaret Iddon said...

What beautiful cards Lesley. Hope your Mum is OK and you have a few days without any more mad trips to hospital.

veronica said...

beautiful Lesley, love the script background and great colouring of the flowers.
Hope Mum is ok, at least you know someone is there to check on her at the home, which must be a relief
xxx

sam21ski said...

OMGosh Lesley these are absolutely gorgeous xxx

Elaine said...

Two gorgeous cards Lesley. Like you I adore that script, not sure how I missed that PA stamp before, but it has had to go on my wish list! I love the first design, beautifully coloured bluebells, and the second is smashing. I have that lotus stamp and mine is as yet uninked. I must get it out for a play. I am sure these cards were much appreciated. I hope you have managed some down time over Easter and all improves with you Mum asap. Elaine xxx

Val said...

Gorgeous cards Lesley.
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Hope your Mum is improving.
Val xx

Suzi B said...

Oh Leslie I adore my birthday card.
So lovely of you.
Hope you got my thank you email.
Suzi B xx

massofhair said...

Hi Lesley, hope things have improved for both your Mum and yourself over the weekend, i know it must be difficult for you but your Mum sounds like she is in good hands. Hoping she recovers very soon both physically and mentally.

Both your cards are beautiful, the Stampin Up flower is gorgeous, loving the colours you used on both cards. I love how CAS they are with lots of white space, totally dreamy :-) xxx

Words and Pictures said...

These are stunning, Lesley - the blue of the flowers is so subtle and elegant against that wonderfully ornate text. I'm guessing there's some Blueberry involved - definitely my new favourite colour.

So sorry to hear about your Mum's fall... glad not too serious this time, but it must be such an ongoing worry.
Alison xx

experiments in paper said...

These are both beautiful, Lesley!! Love your colors, and so effective against that wonderful script stamp! Thanks so much for your visit to my texture paste Paper Artsy entry and kind comments :-) xx Lynn

Bev Page said...

You r cards are gorgeous, Lesley. So simple but stunning. Love your idea - it's beautiful. So sorry about your Mum - hope she will be back to herself (without bruises) very soon. You're a lovely daughter.

Bonnie said...

Where did you get the Happy birthday sentiment?