I hope you're having a lovely weekend wherever you are and whatever you're doing! I've spent a lovely day in my craftroom .......except for freezing cold feet, lol! I can make the conservatory warm but I can't block out the cold to my tootsies from the blooming ceramic tiled floor!
Anyway, I'm feeling a bit smug because I managed a 2nd project for the brilliant PaperArtsy Blog Challenge..... mind you we have had an extra week because Leandra and her designers have been showcasing PaperArtsy's new product releases all this week and Oh boy, is there some fantastic stuff to see! The new paints are such yummy colours and the stamps are just WOW! The style of each of the designers is very different so there is something to appeal to everyone. Unfortunately, I like nearly all of them and want them in my collection asap, lol! The artwork by the DT is out of this world gorgeous and so inspirational so do hop over to look if you haven't already.
Anyway, on to my project. I decided to have a go at altering a pencil tin I picked up in the charity shop (where else?) using Pam Thorburn's method HERE. I won't give an explanation of the how to as I pretty much followed Pam's step by step. I have to say though I didn't find it as easy as it sounded or rather I'm not too good at working with that foil tape, lol! Not going over a curved edge or round curved corners would have been better and I did overwork it a bit both on the burnishing to show the textures and on the sanding back between paint layers but you live and learn and all told, I don't think it turned out too badly. See what you think!
Below are the things I used to create the texture.
Covered with the foil tape & burnished.
Painted with Fresco Finish in Stone, Mushroom, London Night, Pansy & Autumn Fire. The 'Words' stamp is from one of Sara Neuman's sets.
Finished with Treasure Gold in Royal Amethyst, Limited Edition Lilac, White Fire & Copper.
Righty Ho! I'm off to link this to the challenge. Thank you for dropping by and see you again soon.