Monday 13 October 2014

'Morning Monday ........ here's a bit of cheer!

Hi Everyone,

I really, really hope not many of you have the horrible weather we have here this morning but I think if you're in the UK we're all in the same boat!  It's dark, rainy and very blowy .... roll on the weekend when we are supposed to have a mini heatwave!  At this time of the year that won't be mega hot so I will be able to enjoy it if it happens, lol!  Anyway, I have a quick tag to share today which I hope adds a bit of cheerfulness to your day.

Regular visitors may remember at the end of August I spent a lovely weekend with my PAtwit buddies and the equally lovely Lin Brown where she taught us many things and we got the chance to play with lots of stuff new to us.  On the Sunday we all made lots of tags using different products and techniques but as usual I didn't finish any of mine at that time.  Having a bit of a tidy of my workdesk this weekend I found the pile of tags which I'd covered up to protect them from the lethal sunlight in my craftroom (aka conservatory) and this is the first one I decided to finish off because it made me smile and sort of summed up the way the weekend made me feel. 

Lin's friend Karen shared the workshops with us and kindly brought in her full set of Spectrum Noir pencils for us to have a try with so I'd stamped some PaperArtsy images from the latest smashing Darcy sets (hoping to buy these next Sunday ;D) and started the colouring but didn't finish it.  I did like the Spectrum Noir but can't really say I saw any difference between them and my Derwent Coloursoft.  I would love a full range of pencils though but no idea which to choose ...... I see lots of people singing the praises of Polychromos (spelling?) and Prisma.  If anyone has a preference or can tell me the difference I'd love to hear what you think.

Anyway, I'm waffling again, lol!  I used my Coloursoft pencils and Derwent blender pencil to complete the colouring on my tag and added a bit of background stamping using a couple of my JoFY sets from PaperArtsy.  I stamped out the words from some cheap little peg alpha stamps I bought in the supermarket years ago, doodled round them and cut them out to complete the tag together with a bit of ribbon and some paper covered wire.  The wire is my latest Eureka! buy as I've wanted some of it for ages but could only find it online until last week when I visited a local wholesalers and found a big roll of it in their floristry section.  It will cerainly last my lifetime I think, lol!




I hope my tag cheers up your Monday morning.  See you again soon.  Oooh yes, nearly forgot it's the StampMagic show at Doncaster Dome next Sunday........can't wait!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

20 comments:

sam21ski said...

Looks fabulous Lelsey and well done for re-visiting the tags, mine are still on the table!!

Sam xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

Really pretty tag, the soft colouring looks fab xx

Elaine said...

That is such a cheery tag Lesley. It is so dark down here I can hardly see the laptop keyboard to type my message. Great design and colouring. You have blended that pencil perfectly. My preference is my Prismacolours, I find them softer than my Derwents and that suits my style of blending better. Have a great day and lets hope for that warmth by the end of the week! Elaine xxx

Val said...

Beautiful tag Lesley. Love the colouring.
Valxxxx

Aquarius said...

The weather here in the South West sounds just like yours today so it was really nice to see this happy tag with its bright colours. Love the little word message too.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Think the weather must be wide spread today Lesley, it's awful down here in the south. Your tag is so bright and cheery though, it really brightens the day. I've got the spectrum Noir pencils and love them, but don't have any of the others to compare with.

Hope we have that nice weather at the weekend, we're off to a wedding in Cornwall.

Sue xx

craftytrog said...

This certainly brightened up my afternoon lesley! It's gorgeous! xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

Just beautiful Lesley, so glad that the pleasure from your weekend is still happening! Xx

veronica said...

lovely tag Lesley, nice and cheerful colours to brighten up a really horrid day!
Can't really help with pencils, as I love my watercolour ones, which are mostly Derwent.

Helen said...

What a lovely tag, Lesley! I still haven't done any more to any of my tags so am lagging well behind! I love my Derwent Inktense pencils, wish I had a bigger set... lol!

Helen said...

oh yes, and it's rained all day down here too!

Suzi B said...

Such a lovely, sunny tag, lovely colours. The weather in the North West is awful, wet,windy and cold!
Suzi B xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Ooh Lesley I love what you have created on this tag. It's a great colour combo and definitely made me smile. I have a few pencils polycromos and prisma but prefer prisma has I think they are softer and blend, better just my opinion xxxx

Christine B. said...

A beautiful tag Lesley, brightened my evening. It very windy and cold here. Sorry not been around , have managed to get my cards in a local boutique, so really busy at the moment. Take care, love and hugs x Chris xx

lisa said...

It's a gorgeous tag, Lesley, the colours are lovely. I recently bought some spectrum pencils as I don't have any other sets and love them although still have a lot to learn about colouring with them.
You've certainly cheered up this dismal weather.
Hope all is good with you and yours.
Hugs Lisax

lisa said...

It's a gorgeous tag, Lesley, the colours are lovely. I recently bought some spectrum pencils as I don't have any other sets and love them although still have a lot to learn about colouring with them.
You've certainly cheered up this dismal weather.
Hope all is good with you and yours.
Hugs Lisax

Julie Lee said...

Such a beautiful tag, Lesley! It's been like night-time here for days and raining like it doesn't want to stop ever, but this is so cheery and pretty, you couldn't be 'down' looking at it! Julie Ann xxx

pam said...

hi Lesley, love your gorgeous tag, beautiful scene you have created, those heart shaped petals on those flowers are lovely.
pam

Ruth said...

Beautiful tag Lesley, I love my colour soft pencils as well! Hope you have a great day at the dome, will miss it this time around! Ruth x

judith@poppy cottage said...

A lovely tag Lesley, beautiful colours and fab blending. I am a pencil hoarder, having a bit of everything. My favourites are my Polychromos, which I use so often, they are light fast and beautiful. I still love my Coloursoft though, Inktense, and various watercolour options. I have prismas as well, but do not use those so much.

Judith xx