Saturday 13 September 2014

Two Birds with one stone?....... but I hope I haven't killed them, lol!

Hi everyone,

I've had very little time for crafting so far this month as various family commitments have filled up my time.  Last night I returned from two delightful days of looking after my youngest grandchild, 2 yrs 9 mnths 'know no fear' Charlie!  He's been an absolute delight for me to look after and I think his Daddy must have worn him out with energy requiring persuits in the first half of the week as he just wanted to sit for cuddles and watch his current favourite films ....Mr Poppers Penguins and Hocus Pocus.......with me and then after school there was double pleasure when big sister, Izzy came home.  Do love my littlies (although not little for much longer :-(  ) sooo much!

I had been wanting to make an entry to this month's Chocolate Baroque Challenge so last weekend I finally made a short time to play with my new Brushos (only had them about 2 months, lol) I ended up with one piece that I thought I could make use of to fit with the colour inspiration and as I needed to make a last minute birthday card I 'killed' two birds with one stone so to speak.  Debs, who creates some beautiful art and shows it HERE, had her birthday last Tuesday and I didn't know she was going to be on holiday for two weeks so still hasn't seen my card but we've swapped messages this morning and she's told me to go ahead and blog the card and she won't look till she gets home, lol!

This was a piece I decided to save after mopping up some of the Brushos from my craft mat.......they are gloriously messy, lol!


And this is the card I made I made from it.

What I couldn't capture in a photo is the 3D glaze I added to the 'light bulb' centres.  I just hope it was properly 'cured' by the time it went in the post as it was quite thick.  All the stamping was done with Versamark and embossed with Wow Bright White embossing powder.

The butterly was stamped onto the same original piece of card but on an area less covered by ink spodges.

All the stamps are from Chocolate Baroques lovely Steampunk collection.

See you all again later this week hopefully.  Have a good weekend all!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

17 comments:

Lin said...

oh Lesley that is beautiful and I bet Debs will love it!! the brushos are a lot of fun aren't they and those stamps are brilliant xxx

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous card Lesley, the brusho background looks fabulous and I do love those steampunky stamps

Sam xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow Lesley this is stunning, such an unusual background. It fits the steampunk theme so well. Seeing this with the brushos reminds me I bought some a couple of month ago and haven't used them yet either.

Sue xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Buddy, glad you have been playing with your brushos, the background is fab. The colours look great even if they are what we picked for the challenge, lol! Great card, and I'm sure that your friend will love it. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card, and I am sure when she gets home to see it, Debs will love it too! I had to warn her not to look at mine on my TIO post too, lol!! Love that butterfly.

Aquarius said...

You certainly didn't kill either of the birds!! This is brilliant and using one of my all time favourite stamp sets. I've yet to try Brusho because so far I've managed to hold off buying any more products although I'm sorely tempted!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Lesley beautiful design! I love the 'mop up' background and the white embossing is very effective with the Steampunk butterfly and lightbulb flowers (some of my favs). Thanks for joining us in the fun at Chocolate Baroque's Colour Challenge :) Shirleyxx

Lynne K said...

Fabulous, Lesley! I'm quite certain no birds will have been harmed during the making of this card! I also confidently predict you will become hooked on Brushos.

Hugs, Lynne xx

Ruth said...

Absolutely stunning Lesley! love the colours, love the flowers, love the butterfly.....all works beautifully together! Wonderful. Ruth x

massofhair said...

A beautiful stamped card, i have those CB stamps also, they are a need aren't they!

Glorious colours, fantastic stamps and made for a friend, doesn't get better than that. Am sure Debs will be blown away with the card when she gets back home.

Great share:-) xxx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Lesley, love the mop up background and great images.
Happy Sunday.
hugs Brenda xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the background.Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate Baroque.xxx

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Love the flowers embossed in white with the glaze. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge Lesley.
Flo x

Elaine said...

Hi Lesley, playing catch up here. Brushos are great fun aren't they? I love your background here. Great use of those steampunk stamps and a super idea to glaze the lightbulbs in the flowers. Elaine xxx

lisa said...

I'm glad you had a great time with your littlies, Lesley. Your grandson has a great taste in films, I love Mr Poppers penguins, lol.
Your card is fantastic, I love what you've created. I really need to get some brushos, the effects are amazing, messy crafting is the best.
Hugs Lisax

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lesley! Love how you used the brushos - great colour combo! Thanks for your lovely comment re Meg xxxxxx

craftytrog said...

That background is fabulous Lesley! Great card! xxx