Happy Sunday All ,
I hope you've all got the lovely sunshine we have here today. Actually, I would cheerfully have given most of ours away today as my craftroom has been a boiling 30c+ and I can tell you it is NOT condusive to working with paints and inks!!!
Over on the PaperArtsy Blog this week, as we've come to expect, there has been some amazing inspiration and one evening Linda Cain popped in for a one night stand! I loved the triptych she did but as usual I spent yesterday faffing about blog hopping, trawling Pinterest and tidying my tip of a craft desk but couldn't settle down to actually make anything. I was up bright and early (ish) this morning determined to get something done for the challenge and as I didn't have a triptych I decided to just make one piece using my TH/Sizzix cabinet dies and that's when things started to go wrong, lol!
First I forgot to use the magnetic release things you put inside the die shape and wasted a piece of greyboard trying to get it out of the die. From then on I wanted to more or less follow what Linda had done for her project HERE but the next thing to go wrong was the crackle ..... for the first time my PA crackle paste didn't! Then when I got to doing the different colours on the insert it was so hot in the craftroom that the paint was drying on the Cut n Dry almost before it got to the PA smoothy card and the adhesive holding the two layers of sponge together degraded in the heat to leave me with a sticky mess. It took me forever till I was reasonably happy.
Because I had a much smaller stamping area than Linda's piece, I decided
not to leave the border but just ran a black Sharpie round the inside
of the frame to make the insert pop more.
When it came to the back I did get the usual lovely crackle and I used the cut out from the frame to put on the back. I edged with a Sharpie again to leave more stamping area but here's where the heat hit again and the first image I stamped kept drying on the stamp before it got to the grayboard. After 2 ruined attempts and having to paint over it each time, I gave up on the large image I wanted to use and used a selection of parts of smaller stamps instead.
Phew, I can't believe it's taken me nearly all day to do this, lol! I need aircon!!! I'm off to link up to the PaperArtsy blog now and then start preparing dinner.......why on earth did I promise OH a Sunday roast. Oh, I know why.....it's 'cos I felt guilty because next Sunday I'm gadding off to the StampMagic Show at Doncaster and leaving him to fend for himself, ;D! Whoohoo, up close and personal time with PaperArtsy goodies!
Till next time, take care!