Thursday 5 February 2009

Birthday Card for my Eldest Brother





I made this card for my eldest brother's birthday on Tuesday. I stamped and embossed with gold detail EP, the beautiful floral flourish from the Elusive Images Botanicals themeplate onto a basecard of dull gold pearl. I also stamped and gold EP embossed one of the background stamps from EIs Damask Backgrounds plate onto a piece of gorgeous pearly card with a very subtle design from a DCWV luxury card stack. I used the same card again and stamped and embossed the Happy Birthday flourish which came from a HOTP kit from QVC and the final bit of stamping was using the Boys on Bikes image, again from EI, and Versafine Imperial Purple Inkpad. The piece of card I used for this (from my bit box) had a bit of a rough surface and seemed to be very absorbent so the image came out looking rather distressed but I like it that way so I still used it. Finally I sprayed a piece of dark purple textured pearl card with gold Glimmer Mist and then embossed it using the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder. I matted and layered all the elements and finally added an acrylic 'celebrate' sentiment which came to me as a nice gift from Graphicus. I used a Sakura Stardust orange pen to write into the etched lettering, and threaded a bit of ribbon.



I've shown two photos because the first, I think, is the better image but the second shows the glimmer better.





5 comments:

Jo said...

I really like your colour combo here. How original and refreshing! The glimmer is delish as usual and I really like that flourished greeting. Glad the card came together so well after all your heartache.

veronica said...

looks really nice Lesley - like the cuttlebug effect, goes well with the bikes and the antique look.

Shirley said...

What a lovely male card! It really is gorgeous still! Lovely.

Phree said...

Fab card, love all the elements that you have combined so beautifully.

stamp and scrape said...

I Hope your brother was thrilled with this - it looks lovely, Lesley.
I know what you mean about photographing the glimmer mist - hard to make it show on the screen, but beautiful irl!
Ros